Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Disappeared...

Between Christmas, the AWA Gala, and just general life, I've totally forgotten about this blog.  I'd like to keep it up so that I have something to look back on one day and remember all of my adventures.  I've really started to settle into living in Dubai, and therefore my life has become a little more "regular" and doesn't feel as exciting as it should be for a blog.  But I guess I shouldn't let that stop me from writing about my goings-on and, at the very least, posting pictures.  So my super late New Years Resolution will be to use this more!

I went to Al Karama today with some girl friends and I really should have taken more advantage by taking pictures.  We shopped for some quality knock-off handbags and ate some delicious Indian food.

Other than that, my life is consumed with the AWA Gala.  It's this Friday at the Ritz-Carlton DIFC.  (Shameless plug - go to www.awadubai.org if you want to attend or donate.  All proceeds go to the AWA Scholarship program and also worthy charities in the UAE.)  It will be a ton of fun and I can't wait to enjoy the evening after all of my hard work.  I have to say, I  give all of donors/volunteers I used to work with back at NMF credit - it takes some serious drive to be passionate about what sometimes feels like thankless volunteer work.  I guess maybe I was driven by a paycheck more than I'd like to admit!  It's been a great learning experience for me, though.  And it also made me realize that I do know my stuff when it comes to events, but also that maybe a career change could be in order.  All very exciting!

I promise to write all about the event after it's done.  And I have some travel plans in the works, so more blogs to follow!

Until then, here's a photo dump from the last few months.

Even though Ryan didn't get to come home for Christmas, I got to spend some time with the Schure family.  And see these two little dolls!
I spent a week in Chicago catching up with two of my best friends.

I spent two weeks with my family in Omaha and even got to meet my new little brother.  He was not happy that one of the first things I did was give him a bath.
I'm totally biased, but Renard is so dang cute. 
We had a low key NYE with dinner at home.  Then we rode our bikes to the beach and saw three firework shows at once.  All three were completely over the top and awesome.
We went camping one night with Dan, Amanda and Jett.  Renard came along too.
Ryan and I eat way too much at the Shangri La's Dunes cafe.  But they have a buffet with all you can eat macarons!




No comments:

Post a Comment