Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras


Happy Mardi Gras!  I've never really celebrated the holiday (it's always on a school night!) but this year I sort-of did by chairing the AWA Mardi Gras Gala.

It was a great learning experience and kept me busy for my first 8-9 months in Dubai.  I met tons of people and really learned my way around the city.  Plus, I had a ton of fun Friday night at the event. The set up that day was a mad rush (they always are) to get everything up and ready, but I had a great team working along side of me, and everything that evening went off without a hitch!  Cirque du Soleil even made a surprise visit.  They are in town performing, and I guess had a small show upstairs from our ballroom.  The hotel was kind enough to ask if they'd come down and do a quick 10 minute performance and they obliged!  It was very cool and the perfect kick-off to the evening.
I loved the centerpieces
All the decor was fabulous

Sponsor and auction chairs and me with the Consul General and his wife

Bad photo of the Cirque performance

PROM! ( Photo of a photo)
Next up, Ryan and I are planning some travel.  I turn 30 in April so we're celebrating with a trip to Vietnam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment