Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When Dubai feels like a vacation

One aspect I love about Dubai is its ability to feel like you're on holiday, even when you're not. Of course, being a housewife makes this easier than if I were working. Plus, Ryan's job often allows him extended days off between trips. This week really felt like a vacation. A very beachy vacation.
Saturday Ryan and I spent the afternoon at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. We weren't there long, but it was nice to get out in the sun and relax.




Sunday Ryan had a doctor's appointment, so I got up early and met our friends Dan, Amanda, and Jett at the beach by our house. Or, I should say, they picked me up in their boat at Jumeirah Beach. We spent the morning and a good portion of the afternoon just lounging on the boat and in the water. It was fabulous. The water was the perfect temperature and since it was a Sunday, which is the first day of the work week in Dubai, we had the water to ourselves.




Monday was spent at the Wild Wadi Water Park. It was our first time visiting the Jumeirah Beach Hotel's water park and we weren't disappointed. We made sure to get there early, which was a great move and we didn't have to wait in any lines. I unknowingly rode the Jumeirah Sceirah water slide, which is a slide so fast they actually drop the floor out from under you. It was thrilling, and something I'll do just once. My favorite part was the ride where you float along in an inner tube. It was a good combination of lazy and relaxing, with some fun slides mixed in. Another thing we did was get the fish pedicures. I've heard about them before, but since they are banned in the states, I never got to experience one. Let me say, it is WEIRD! Dozens of tiny fish sucking on your feet and legs, eating the dead skin. I'm glad I tried it and can scratch it off my bucket list, but I will not be doing that again. My favorite part was watching the expressions on the faces of the new people entering the tub.




I'm trying to make the most of being in Dubai as a housewife by making as many days possible feel like vacation. I've started looking for employment, which will change all of that. I've loved having time off, and am so grateful that I have been able to do so, but I'm just not cut out for the life of a "Jumeirah Jane." I need something to keep me busy and to feel like I'm contributing to my future and to our household. So, wish me luck on the job hunt!
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dubai

No comments:

Post a Comment